The Technology Lifecycle
Re-imagining, upgrading, and replacing IT is universal.
Like you, ProviDyn depends on reliable IT systems, process management, and line of business applications to serve clients who require the same capabilities to serve their clients. Regardless of industry.
Our most significant line of business application is Connectwise. It’s Professional Services Automation (PSA), ERP, CRM, and Business Intelligence wrapped into one.
Connectwise allows us to help businesses do more of what they do best by monitoring, managing, supporting, and SECURING all of their IT systems and users.
For Connectwise to work at peak efficiency it needs to be supported by infrastructure that is working at peak efficiency.
That’s why we follow an IT strategy that supports our business goals with detailed budgeting based on the useful life of each component.
- Laptops have a lifespan of approximately three years.
- Workstations have a lifespan of approximately three to four years.
- Hardware Warranties are typically three years.
- Servers and Data Backup appliances have a lifespan of approximately three to five years.
- Switches have a lifespan of approximately seven to ten years.
- Wireless Access Points have a lifespan of approximately three to five years.
- Firewalls have a lifespan of approximately five to seven years plus related warranty and support contracts.
- Cabling & Wiring (Low Voltage) have a lifespan of approximately seven to ten years.
- Battery Backup and Power (primary, secondary, and tertiary) are revamped every two to three years.
- Internet Connectivity includes a primary as well as a secondary failover connection and the service is rebid every two years to improve price/performance outcomes.
Internet Security & Compliance is an everyday, 24/7/365 consideration!
The following initiatives form a body of related practices and interdependencies that influence cyber readiness, including many if not all of the items listed in the first section.
Public Cloud Services are ongoing considerations with options heavily influenced by changing security and integration requirements.
Backup & Disaster Recovery is an everyday, 24/7/365 consideration. Data is expanding exponentially and the need for redundancy, successful backups, and verification cannot be understated.
Business Continuity is an everyday, 24/7/365 discipline. We follow detailed written plans and employ redundant network operating centers.
Software Licensing is evaluated on a regular basis to determine whether Perpetual (CAPEX) or subscription (OPEX) is best suited to current requirements.
Operating System upgrades are ongoing and imperative with today’s security landscape.
How does this apply to you? ProviDyn has been doing this successfully since 2008 while being supported by the same team who will support you.
We’ve already figured it out so you don’t have to.