Managed Security Services
Managed Security Services vs. MSSP vs. Security Solutions vs. MSP
Managed security services are frequently lumped together with managed security service providers (MSSPs), security solutions (anti-malware, anti-spam, anti-virus), and managed IT services offered by MSPs.
While larger companies with in-house IT staff may use all of these individual services, most small and mid-size businesses get access to a deep portfolio of MSSP services and security solutions through their MSP.
This all-inclusive delivery model maximizes value, efficiency, and convenience. In many cases, enterprise-class security solutions are available as add-ons through most Professional Services Automation (PSA) platforms.
Cybersecurity frameworks blend people, processes, and technology.
ProviDyn is committed to the defense of your network and corporate assets.
At a bare minimum, we adhere to and support the NIST CSF (Cybersecurity Framework), the leading business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT.
Developed by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology in 2014, CSF incorporates globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools, and models.
With ProviDyn, your enterprise can provide employees, customers, and vendors with the highest level of protection and confidence.
We also leverage the following frameworks (and more) to carefully guide your business technology strategy:
- SANS Top 20
- SOC 2
The ongoing process includes evaluating, budgeting, designing, implementing, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and documenting; then repeating the exercise since your requirements will change over time.
Hardware and software get upgraded. Employees receive continuous training and retraining to reinforce cybersecurity best practices.
We’ll vet technical requirements for insurance policy renewals. We’ll even help screen in-house IT personnel, so you hire the right people for the right seats.
While very few businesses are excited about added regulatory burden (along with more meetings and paperwork), the underlying requirements drive technical innovations that make your business more secure and more agile.
The logic is very similar to the mindset of expert climbers; they scale higher mountains because they follow detailed guidelines and employ state-of-the-art tools for the journey.
Nothing stays the same!
Suppose your IT systems have evolved by default rather than by design or haven’t been reviewed by a qualified third-party in the last few years. In that case, you’re not only missing out on performance opportunities; there’s a good chance you have regulatory risk and compliance exposure.
IT systems are a moving target for planned and unplanned attacks from both external and internal sources.
And depending on your industry, adopting one or several cybersecurity management frameworks will give you easy-to-follow roadmaps, budget tracking, and concrete recommendations to keep your team safe, up to date, and accountable.
The daily headlines feature nonstop stories about malware, ransomware, wire fraud, botnets, data loss, privacy breaches, and lawsuits. Cyber drama is the new normal since there’s no such thing as 100% security or 100% compliance; the rules are constantly changing.
However, proof of due care will always lower your liability, and a security-forward MSP can help keep you on track.
ProviDyn Managed Cyber Security Basics:
- Single Sign-On – “SSO” provides simplified and secure access to all of your applications through a single portal.
- Anti-virus/Anti-malware – Protects your systems, software, and data from damaging attacks.
- Cyber Security Awareness Training – Educates your team on the latest threats.
- Dark Web Monitoring – Monitors the Dark Web for stolen user credentials.
- Hard Drive & Email Encryption – Protects intellectual property and personal data.
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls – Blocks unauthorized access to your systems and data.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Provides enhanced authentication methods.
- Remote Access – Ensures your security extends beyond the walls of your office.
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) – Provides real-time analysis and reporting.
- Vulnerability Assessments – Identifies gaps in your security and prevents undesirable content from reaching your staff.