Systems Engineer – Field Services Team
ProviDyn is an Inc. 5000 ranked Managed Services Provider (MSP) headquartered in the Atlanta, GA serving small and mid-sized businesses and nonprofits here and all over the world. Our offerings include managed IT services, cloud services, managed security services, back-up and disaster recovery services as well as professional services that encompass special projects, IT Advisory, M&A due diligence and regulatory compliance. As a trusted advisor, we take a consultative approach with a heavy focus on aligning with growing organizations who value the application of strategy, budgets, and proven processes to improve performance, reduce risk and control costs. Our clients view us as true partners who monitor, manage, support and secure all IT systems and users – no matter where they happen to be – onsite, in the cloud, on the road and all points in between.
We are searching for an experienced, detail oriented System Engineer (Level 2) to deliver a wide range of technology services. The successful candidate will be responsible for migrating clients into our various solutions, leading projects and assisting with ongoing management of systems. As a customer facing organization, we expect the right candidate to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner and represent our company in its best light at all times. Our exciting and dynamic environment provides a great opportunity for growth both personally and professionally.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Supporting multiple clients on various solutions running predominately Microsoft-based environments.
- Provide after hours on-call support on company rotation.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance as needed.
- Experience with ConnectWise & LabTech, or other ticketing platform & RMM tools is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Keep management apprised of critical issues.
- Track and complete assigned projects.
- Complete tasks in a timely and quality fashion.
- Adhere to implementation, quality control, and change control standards.
- Keep management apprised of risks to project success.
- Develop quality documentation of technical processes and procedures.
- Document all ticket and project work including accurate time.
- Ensure documentation is sufficient to yield reproducible results.
- Identify and close any gaps in the existing documentation platform.
- Minimum 4 year bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Well-rounded Microsoft server/network technology experience. Current MCP or 5+ years’ experience.
- Line of business application support – must have experience supporting client/server network applications.
Proficiency implementing and/or supporting the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows 2008 - 2016 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix , Unix, Linux
- All current Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/10)
- Microsoft Office 20010-2016, Visio, Project
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, Lync, Office365
- Firewalls and switches; Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, SonicWall
- Blade and SAN storage technologies
- Professional presence with excellent phone and face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of users, including the Executive level.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. Occasional client visits inside of a 40 mile radius from office location.
- Drug-free and non-smoking environment. Smoking is prohibited at all client sites and ProviDyn offices.
- Occasional work required outside of normal business hours.
- May occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs.
In addition to being one of Atlanta’s best places to work, ProviDyn offers:
- Competitive Salary + Overtime
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Training
- Automobile & Cellphone Allowance
Please read before applying for this position:
Interested applicants that meet the position requirements should upload their resume and include a cover letter along with the web application. This is not a virtual position and you must live or be willing to relocate to the Greater Atlanta Area and commute to our corporate office in Sandy Springs.