Senior Azure Engineer
ProviDyn is an Inc. 5000 ranked Managed Services Provider (MSP) headquartered in the Atlanta, GA serving small and mid-sized businesses and nonprofits here and all over the world. Our offerings include managed IT services, cloud services, managed security services, back-up and disaster recovery services as well as professional services that encompass special projects, IT Advisory, M&A due diligence and regulatory compliance. As a trusted advisor, we take a consultative approach with a heavy focus on aligning with growing organizations who value the application of strategy, budgets, and proven processes to improve performance, reduce risk and control costs. Our clients view us as true partners who monitor, manage, support and secure all IT systems and users – no matter where they happen to be – onsite, in the cloud, on the road and all points in between.
The Senior Azure Engineer (SAE) will provide high-order technical services for our internal teams and clients. The SAE possesses an advanced technical skill set focused on the Microsoft Azure ecosystem which will be required for architecting technical solutions, technical auditing, advising during advanced escalations, complex project implementation tasks, reviewing engineering quality, and assisting leadership in maintaining engineering technical readiness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain current certifications and SME level knowledge in key company technologies, with a focus on Microsoft Azure infrastructure and M365.
- Provide technical advisement to the Strategic Solutions department which may include solutions or product recommendations, capability or compatibility clarifications, and solutions architecture that leverages the products and features available in Microsoft M365 and Azure.
- Act as project lead and/or project engineering resource when based on skillset or capacity demands.
- Lead the Standards Committee to ensure ongoing maintenance of Company products and configuration standards to reflect current available solutions and future marketplace technology advancement.
- Provide technical advisement to the Support Services and Project Services departments in cases of incident escalation, project task escalation, problem handling, solution review, or other quality control reviews.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of all activities and systems of interaction.
- Advise company leadership on any current or future gaps in technical readiness that may impact service delivery quality or preparedness for new delivery requirements.
- Lead periodic micro-training sessions, demonstrations, and other initiatives to disseminate educational material throughout the company.
- Understand and consistently act in accordance with the company core values.
- Must be comfortable using Powershell and other scripting technologies.
- At least three certifications that demonstrate a high degree of proficiency are required within these technology arenas, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365:
- Microsoft Azure / Public Cloud (AZ-303, AZ-304, AZ-500, AZ-400, AWS CSA other)
- Networking (CompTIA Net+, CCNA, ECMS1, ECMS2, CBROP, other)
- Windows Server 2016+ (70-740, other)
- Microsoft 365 (MD-101, MS-101, other)
- Other advanced certifications may be substituted based on staffing needs.
- At least 6 years’ experience architecting, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows based infrastructure, networking, and application delivery solutions.
- At least 3 years’ experience architecting, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Azure based infrastructure, networking, security, PaaS, and application delivery solutions including:
- Migration of non-Azure based infrastructure to Azure.
- Sizing and pricing proposed Azure workloads with a high degree of accuracy.
- Implementation and administration of Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Deployment and administration of centralized Microsoft management systems for multiple client tenants/subscriptions.
- Deployment of all common types of Azure AD designs, native and those involving AD Connect, ADFS, and AADDS.
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Endpoint Management and associated identity management.
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Azure based SSO.
- Demonstrated progression of technical skills through independent initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and ability to communicate effectively with team members, vendors, and clients of varying personalities and technical experience.
- Proven ability to operate productively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and using off-site connectivity and wireless communications tools.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can function autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality and continual process development and improvement.
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required.
The majority of work will be performed remotely from ProviDyn headquarters. Occasional work at client locations may be required. Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other technology equipment as required up to 30lbs. Most work hours will be spent seated at a computer monitor using a mouse and keyboard. Occasional driving to and/or from ProviDyn headquarters or client locations may be required.
This job description is not all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as requested to meet the needs of the organization.