For more information:
404-236-6784 Ext. 520
ProviDyn® Doubles Data Center Capacity to Meet High Demand for Private Cloud Services
Increased Adoption of Private Cloud by Clients Prompts ProviDyn to Expand its
Data Center Capacity Twofold
Atlanta, GA -- April 14, 2012 -- ProviDyn, a provider of IT support, strategy and managed services, announces it has doubled its data center footprint with additional rack space to meet the growing demand for private cloud services. This expansion mirrors the increase in the adoption of cloud services by small and medium-sized (SMB) businesses looking to benefit from IT services typically out of budget for smaller companies -- at a lower cost and with greater efficiency.
ProviDyn’s private cloud is hosted in a tier 4 SSAE 16 Type II (formerly SAS 70) audited data center which features: fully redundant power through a dedicated grid, 36 generators and 16 independent UPS systems; fully monitored cooling systems; internal environmental protections against fire and water damage; 24x7 monitoring and support; advanced biometric physical access controls; a hardened facility rated against external environmental threats. As with its managed technology and strategy services, ProviDyn customizes its private cloud solution for each client based on factors such as industry, growth rate and the need for scalability. Unlike many service providers, ProviDyn’s cloud is proprietary and dedicated, allowing its clients more control over data, security and compliance.
“The expansion of our data center footprint is indicative of how SMBs are beginning to warm up to private cloud services as a smart way to manage technology,” said Hamish Davidson, president and co-founder of ProviDyn. “The cloud makes sense for most businesses that truly don’t need to operate and manage their own IT systems. The flexibility, option to scale as you go, pay only for what you need and many other benefits make the private cloud a great option for most SMBs.”
ProviDyn’s Private Cloud Benefits:
- Remote Access - Access to files, applications and data from anywhere, anytime.
- Hosting of Critical Business Applications - All business applications are automatically updated and running at peak performance.
- Security – Encryption and expert firewall management provides a deep layer of security for critical information and systems.
- Cost Savings - No more large investments in equipment, software or personnel.
- Scalability – Priced to fit current needs with the flexibility to quickly and easily expand or contract as the business changes, and without downtime or capital expenditure.
- Backup and Restoration – Automatic replication and back up of all data, applications and systems.
ProviDyn provides technology expertise, services and support to Atlanta-area small and medium-sized businesses. Backed by certified technology professionals, ProviDyn’s services include managed services, cloud computing solutions, virtualization, help desk and computer support, IT strategy, network security, backup and disaster recovery and IP telephony. ProviDyn delivers the right mix of technology and expertise allowing its clients to focus on growing their business. To learn more about how ProviDyn is Driving Business Through Technology and helping companies reduce costs, improve efficiency and maximize productivity, visit www.providyn.com or follow us on Twitter.